A motorcycle personal injury refers to any bodily harm or injury sustained by an individual while operating a motorcycle or as a passenger on this type of vehicle. This type of injury can result from various situations, including accidents on the road, collisions with other vehicles, or single-vehicle accidents involving motorcycles. It is essential to follow the legal procedures and requirements in the UK to pursue such claims, often involving insurance companies and legal assistance to ensure fair compensation for the injured party. You are welcome to get in touch with our motorcycle personal injury lawyer if you are planning to claim compensation.
Table of Contents
Time limit and exceptions for a bike accident compensation claim
It is crucial to understand that claims for motorcycle accidents typically have a time limit, which is usually three years from the date of the accident, according to the Limitation Act 1980. In certain situations, this limit might also start from the date of knowledge. Nonetheless, exceptions exist. Our personal injury solicitors in London specializing in motorcycle accidents can assess your case to determine if any special circumstances apply to your time limit.
However general exceptions include:
- The claimant is under 18: Minors cannot initiate a claim themselves. The time limit is paused until they reach 18, after which they have three years to initiate a claim. However, a litigation friend can start a claim on their behalf during the paused period. If you have any questions about the procedure, please consult our motorcycle accident solicitors.
- The claimant has limited mental capacity: In these cases, the time limit is similarly frozen until the claimant recovers, if that ever happens. A litigation friend can represent them and begin a claim during this suspended period. If they regain mental capacity, their time limit becomes active, giving them three years to file a claim if it has not already been initiated. If you are interested in filing such a claim, the services of our motorcycle personal injury lawyer are at your disposal.
For comprehensive guidance and practical assistance, please reach out to our personal injury lawyers.
How can our motorcycle accident solicitors help you?
Our motorcycle personal injury solicitors specialize in providing legal assistance and representation to individuals who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. Their primary job responsibilities include:
- Legal consultation: Our bike accident solicitors offer initial consultations to understand the circumstances of the accident and assess the viability of a personal injury claim. If you are seeking any legal consultation, please get in touch with our personal injury lawyers.
- Investigation: Our motorcycle solicitors can investigate the accident thoroughly, collect evidence, and interview witnesses to establish liability and build a strong case.
- Communication: Our motorcycle personal injury lawyers can communicate with insurance companies, medical professionals, and other relevant parties to ensure the client’s interests are protected.
- Negotiation: They negotiate with insurance companies on behalf of the injured party to obtain fair compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Litigation: In cases where a fair settlement cannot be reached, our motorcycle solicitors may represent the injured party in court, presenting the case before a judge and jury.
- Documentation: Our motorcycle accident solicitors can also handle all legal paperwork and documentation, ensuring that everything is filed correctly and within the required timeframes.
Our bike accident solicitors act as strong advocates for their clients, ensuring that their rights are protected and that they receive just compensation for their injuries and losses. They possess a deep understanding of personal injury law, including specific regulations related to motorcycle accidents, and use their expertise to benefit their clients.
The ultimate goal of our motorcycle personal injury lawyers is to secure the proper outcome for their clients, ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve for the injuries and damages suffered in a motorcycle accident. If you have any questions about the related procedure, please consult with our personal injury lawyers in London.
Motorcycle personal injury compensations
Please find below the list of estimated compensations you can get as a result of a motorcycle injury case:
– for a severe back injury from £38,780 to £160,980;
– for moderate back injury from £12,510 to £38,780;
– for minor back injury – up to £12,510;
– for a severe neck injury from £45,470 to £148,330;
– for moderate neck injury from £7,890 to £38,490;
– for a minor neck injury – up to £7,890;
– for serious hand injury from £29,000 to £61,910;
– for less serious hand injury from £14,450 to £29,000.
Please contact our personal injury solicitors in London if you have suffered a motorcycle injury. They can help you with compensation claims on a no-win-no-fee basis.