Interested in holiday accident claims? Our London personal injury lawyers can explain the steps in this process. Accidents abroad can occur when you think such a problem can’t happen to you, especially if you are on vacation. A specialist in the field can help you make holiday accident compensation, and in the following lines, you can find out information about this.
Table of Contents
What are holiday accident claims?
When you are on vacation, it is assumed that nothing bad can happen. But when things take an inappropriate turn, for example, an accident during your trip, it is recommended to contact an expert in the field and see what you have to do in this regard, respectively how to make holiday injury claims. Here are some examples of holiday accidents for which you can claim compensation:
- Injuries and illnesses that occurred as a result of poor hotel hygiene.
- Accidents following the use of public transport in a foreign country, on vacation.
- Food poisoning.
- Injuries during a day excursion.
- Accident due to a defective rented car.
- Accidents on cruises, planes, or boats during a holiday.
Therefore, you can make holiday accident claims with the help of our specialists, if you find yourself in the examples above. Accidents abroad can be quite demanding, especially if you don’t know the country’s legislation and don’t know what to do.
How to make accident abroad claims
If you are interested in accident abroad claims, we recommend that you contact one of our London personal injury lawyers and ask for specialized help as soon as possible. Here are the steps you must follow when you are interested in holiday accident compensation:
- First of all, you must contact one of our lawyers to be able to make holiday injury claims.
- Holiday injury claims can be made in the country you visited, taking into account that the applicable legislation is that of the respective state. In the UK, local legislation applies to holiday injury claims.
- Proof of travel is needed, respectively information about accommodation, plane tickets, etc.
- If the accident happened at the hotel or in the place you visited and then you were hospitalized, you need to present the medical documents and even the police reports, if applicable.
Our lawyers will contact the competent authorities to resolve the presented case.
Holiday claim compensations for accidents outside the EU
We also help clients who had an accident during their vacation outside the European Union. Thus, if you want to make holiday accident claims, you must keep in mind that in this case as well, the respective claim must be made in the country where the incident took place. In this sense, you must collect all the information about your situation, including photos from the accident scene, notes about injuries suffered, hospital bills and reports, police reports, medical treatments, etc.
How much compensation can you receive after a holiday claim?
Below are the approximate amounts you can receive as a result of holiday accident claims:
- Moderate brain damage – ranging from GBP 43,060 to GBP 90,720.
- Severe back injury – ranging from GBP 91,090 to GBP 160,980.
- Severe neck injury – around GBP 148,330.
Therefore, if you are interested in holiday accident claims or accident abroad claims, do not hesitate to contact our team of specialists. Our personal injury lawyers in London can offer you the support you need to successfully overcome the problems you encounter.